Windfall

Written on 2:03 PM by Tushar

I vaguely remembered reading about Once, an Academy/Grammy award winning Irish musical, so thought of giving it a try. We*’re not especially fans of musicals and when we read the movie description on Netflix DVD cover we were really disappointed. Being a strong believer in Collection Fusion (yet another Info retrieval buzzword), I usually dissect the movie before watching it by reading IMDB reviews…as there is nothing more painful in life than watching a crappy movie on a lovely weekend! Also we are past the stage where we would like to watch the first day first show of any movie so it’s better to play it safe by knowing in advance whether it is worth the time. Though usually I am very meticulous I somehow forgot to do this ritual for Once and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. It made our weekend musical and magical! I can still hear those words lingering in my head…Falling slowly, Say it to me now, When your mind is made up …Superb music, awesome lyrics…I cannot (and don’t want to either) get those beautiful songs out of my head. More about the movie here.

Go grab a DVD now! Believe me you’ll love it!

*Usage "we" is a side effect of marriage and refers to me and my better half Minu:)

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Parag |

    Sounds interesting...will try to watch it soon. And common...first day first show anxiousness, its just not let-away-ble :)

     
  2. Riyaz Shiraguppi |

    hmm..look like very good movie...unfortunately not available on college LAN here..but will manage to get..

    Your imdb trust reminded me the evening in the Calsoft when me, u and Minu watched a boring movie "High Fidelity", suggested from imdb review :)

     

Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats