C.R.A.Z.Y.

Written on 10:29 PM by Tushar

Yes, we did it! Three movies back to back in a theater!

My mom was watching an English movie in a theater for the first time and she made her “debut” really memorable with a hat trick!


Obviously it was impromptu. First one we watched was Wall-e. Frankly I don’t get what the hype is about. My friends called it extra-ordinar-e. I agree that it’s a brave attempt on Pixer’s part to produce a movie

- which has a story that is difficult to understand for kids when compared to Ratatoullie,The Incredibles and Finding Nemo

- most of the frames are really dull

- merchandise opportunities are none.

But I didn’t like it .I’ve seen better ones.


Next one was Hancock. I think Will Smith (hero as well as the producer of the movie) should have spent a little more time/money to rewrite the story to make it more appealing. Even though a super hero story line has become a cliche’ recently, I thought it’ll be a fun movie after watching trailers. But after the first half an hour, the movie lost its grip. Will Smith should get an Oscar for keeping a straight face for the entire movie. I have no clue why on earth a talented actress like Charlize Theron would spoil her reputation by accepting such a lousy role.


Fortunately to wipe out these bad memories came the icing on the cake – Dark knight. What a movie! Awesome! Brilliant! People were lined up outside the screen well in advance to get a better spot and some of them were even dressed up as Joker. As I am writing this it is enjoying its numero uno position on IMDB for the best movie of all times. I never read any comics when I was a kid and this was my first Batman movie ever so I wasn’t too excited about this movie. It has a great story and every actor has given his/her 200% .The one who stands out the most is Heath Ledger. His joker is one of the best of villains ever on silver screen. It’s so sad that he is no more :( Minu was probably bored by this time hence wasn’t paying much attention and mom was trying her best to understand whatever was going on the screen so I had to update them from time to time about the storyline. After a while an irritated lady sitting in the front row started giving me glances so I had to stop my commentary :) The crowd enjoyed the movie so much that everybody clapped in the end.


We emerged out of the theater after almost six and half hours. I’ll have to try really hard next time to break or even match this feat :) What a fun day!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

5 Comments

  1. Parag |

    nice! I ended up watching Hancock and The Dark Knight within a 12 hour time frame too :P. Hancock, second half as you rightly said is super crap...as for the Batman sequel, I definitely liked the movie a lot, but number one on imdb...its not that great.

     
  2. Unknown |

    Well Tushar !!
    I too did a C.R.A.Z.Y thing this weekend !!
    I drove at Midnight for 1 hour to watch the 1:30 AM show of Dark Knight at IMAX !! Even at our end ,people clapped at the end :)
    And the Joker and I are born on the same date :D
    Although it was a great movie ,I feel its nowhere in the league of The Shawshank Redemption and Forest Gump,the top 2 movies in the IMDB list .

     
  3. nishant |

    Proud of you my fren....
    3 Movies in a row is a a nice accomplishment...
    Hancok I know was a let down...

    Dark Knight I see tomorrow and now after reading your thoughts I just cannot wait for it...

     
  4. Siddharth Sangal |

    I'm actually wondering if you paid for all the three movies or just paid for one and moved from one hall to the other. C'mon, don't even try to lie here ;)

     
  5. Tushar |

    Siddharth : I din't pay even for the first movie. How about that:D

     

Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats