English August

Written on 6:30 PM by Tushar


One of my friends suggested that this book might be a good read as the movie based on it was hilarious.

This book is written by an
IAS officer himself so maybe I was expecting too much.The plot looked promising as well...A rookie IAS officer moves to a small town called Madna and experiences the corruption, bureaucracy, difficulties in running an administration first hand. (I am simply fascinated by Indian Administrative Services. At some point I wanted to become a part of it. Given that I am 25 I still have 3 more years to take the plunge if my current profession gets too boring!)

It is a known fact that bureaucracy can lead to pretty hilarious situations...Yes Minister or The office lovers please stand up!
But instead this book gave me an impression an IAS officer who is no less than a king in a small town completely ignores the welfare of people and drinks whiskey,smokes marijuana during daytime to compensate the cultural shock of suddenly moving to a small town from a big city...Maybe after first 150 pages(that's when I stopped reading it)
the rookie gets out of his depression and every page in this book is filled with witty remarks and funny situations but I could not stand it...

Not recommended.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats