Romancing the Wall Street

Written on 10:19 AM by Tushar

Yesterday when we were having evening snacks in the company one of my colleagues mentioned about the reliance IPO. He had applied for 1000 shares and was going to take 1000 more for his bro. One of my colleagues’ mom had also invested in the same. I discussed this matter on phone with one of my friends and she said that she has already invested in it. I called up my tenant who deals with shares quite a lot to inquire what is the fuss about. He said he is going to buy shares of 99,000! Aaaaaaah… it seemed like a part of some dreaded conspiracy that everyone knows about and I was the only one who was ignorant about it. I called up my dad and asked him whether I should also take the plunge. He gave the green signal and I applied for 1000 shares of Reliance Petroleum:)…Wall street beware! Another Warren Buffet in making:P

Let me put in technical terms about my first ever shares' deal:
I have applied for 1000 equity shares of reliance petroleum. The face value of the share is Rs 10 and the floor price is 5.7 times of the face value and the cap price is 6.2 times that of the face value. The price band of the shares is 57 to 62 Rs.

Souds really geek! Isn't it!

If you don’t understand the terms in bold letters then you are not bitten by the Wall Street bug.

Have bought ‘Rich dad and poor dad’ a few days back and hope that enlightens me even more!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. Abhijit Deodhar |

    rich dad poor dad is not about stocks..its more about how to start ur own business!

     
  2. Tushar |

    @Abhi: It is about managing your money! That's why I am dealing with shares:)

     

Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats