Dirty (!) dancing

Written on 4:39 AM by Tushar


Read the following chat conversation between me and one of my friends…

xyz: am doing all kinds of tp these days.. learning car driving and all

tusharnthole: hehe

tusharnthole: i have joined shamak dawar's dance class

tusharnthole: can u beat that?


Needless to say my friend was speechless! I couldn’t have believed it myself if somebody would have told me that I would be joining a dance class in near future.

I cannot digest the weird feeling that I get when I imagine myself dancing in front of a sizeable audience. The memories of the fiasco in Tina jiji’s marriage are crystal clear in my mind. I was supposed to dance on some old Hindi song along with Sweety and we had rehearsed the whole dance sequence many times. My cousins knew my impeccable ability to dance so they had kept my steps to a minimum. After practicing for long hours the outcome was the same; when I went on the stage along with Sweety, I completely forgot my steps and just stood there watching awkwardly at the audience. It wasn’t something I had not expected. I still remember me standing in a corner not getting what to do and Sweety desperately trying to prompt me the steps!

Anyways that was the past; today I am a proud member of SDIPA Winter Funk. There will be western, jazz and Salsa training for 18 sessions. The authorities told me that there will be a huge stage show on Dec 5th which will be attended by Shamak Dawar himself. He is told to pick up his dance troupe from these dance classes. So don’t be surprised if you spot me dancing in some Hindi movie to the tunes of A. R. Raheman!

Keep watching this space in near future…J

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. Manee |

    nice blog.

     

Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats